HINGECO® Frame and Cover
Built in convenience for unintended vehicle traffic applications
Combine ergonomics and security with the HINGECO® frame and cover assembly.
Lightweight Ductile Iron
The design of this cover allows it to pivot on the hinge and hold at 120° to provide unobstructed access to the clear opening of the frame. In combination with the slam lock, there is no need for multiple cam locks to secure the cover. One slam lock keeps the cover secured and can be unlocked with a standard pry bar. The lightweight, ductile iron frames and covers are rated for heavy duty applications, but the material and hinged design make the process of installation and maintenance safe and easy.
Precasting HINGECO frame and cover assemblies is made easy with the top flange version. By casting the assembly upside down, getting a smooth, flat surface is simplified during the pouring process.
- Heavy duty
- Ductile iron frames and covers
- Proof load exceeds AASHTO M 306
- 40,000 lb requirement
- Hinged cover opens to 120°
- Cover locks in 90° open position, must be lifted to be released
- Cover removes at 90°
- Slam lock release feature, which automatically locks when closed
- Round or square frames
- Special lettered and custom logo covers
- Cushioning gasket on bearing surfaces
- Lift handle
- Top flange available
Note: HINGECO is suggested for unintended vehicular traffic rated applications.
Important Safety Information
Complete removal of the cover is recommended when entering the access point.