Composite Access Covers
Now available in color
EJ are leading the way with the first, independently certified composite access covers to the revised EN 124-5:2015 standard.
Composite products from EJ are an innovative new material application that complements our broad range of access solutions. These new cover and frames options are built to be extremely rugged, offer lighter handling, reliable performance and greater safety for end users.
What is a composite?
A composite is anything that is made from two or more materials with different physical or chemical properties that, when combined are stronger than those individual materials by themselves.
Composite is also commonly known as Fibre-Reinforced Polymer (FRP) and is made from a polymer matrix that is reinforced with an engineered fibre. The matrix protects the fibres from environmental and external damage and transfers the load between the fibres.
These fibres, in turn, provide strength and stiffness to reinforce the matrix and help it resist cracks and fractures.
The advantages of using composite access covers?
Composite materials are used today for a wide range of applications from construction to the aerospace industry. When it comes to manhole covers and access solutions, high quality composite products now offer many benefits.
- Lightweight, easy to handle and install, due to their low weight
- No resale value to the scrap market, therefore eliminating theft.
- Are corrosion-resistant by nature. Composite products will remain unchanged, even in the most aggressive environments. This can apply to areas with exposure to sewers, petrochemicals, diesel, de-icing solutions, and salt water.
- Exhibit no signal interference with wireless communication devices which makes them particularly suitable for applications associated with water metering automation or electrical switching for smart grid technology.
- Do not conduct stray voltage nor heat and can shield pedestrians from the underground environment.
- Can be colour-customised to display a personalised logo or service identification.
EJ have developed a full line of composite infrastructure products designed for utility and municipal applications.
Made in Ireland, fully certified to EN124: 2015
|IDS ELITE TRAFFIC SIGNALS STREET LIGHTING||SVELTO|
|B125 locked cover in a galvanised steel frame||B125 cover in a ductile iron frame|